Tuesday, October 11, 2011

MY BOX OF TOOLS

Before I start painting, I need to make sure all my necessary tools are at hand. I need a canvas, brushes and/or knives, water, a rag, a palate and of course, paint.
 
 


Without the proper tools, I wouldn’t get far,would I?


A painting doesn’t just ‘happen’ because I want it to even if I have a clear vision of how I want it to be. And if I wait until something goes wrong in the painting process to acquire a necessary tool....I just might find myself in some deep doo-doo.


Creating a good day requires the proper ‘tools’, too and a good day won’t just ‘happen’ either.


A clear vision of what we want is a good thing, indeed, but all the vision in the world won’t create anything all by itself.


So, it would seem that if I want to create myself a good day, perhaps the first thing I should do....before any other action is taken...(except maybe putting the coffee water on) is to check my tool box and make sure it’s got everything I need to create this good day.


I have learned that THE most necessary tool I have is an attitude of gratitude. Without that, I won’t get very far into making a good day.


I need, also, an expectation of good.


I need an open heart-free of resentment.


I need the ability to calm myself (learned from practicing meditation) whenever life throws a curve my way.


Every persons tool box won’t contain the same tools, but every person needs their own specific ways to ensure they face each day properly prepared.


And checking to make sure all our tools are ready, right at hand, first thing each day, just might eliminate some unwanted piles of deep doo-doo.


And that’s a good thing.


I am grateful for my box of tools.

No comments: