Sunday, May 19, 2013

ONE LITTLE CORNER


 

I live most of my life, quite happily, in one small corner of the world ….just a few square feet of space right in front of my easel.

It works for me!

I found another little corner this morning which also worked for me.  One of the photos, sent to me by my traveling hubby wasn't terribly interesting but something drew me to the tiny right hand, upper corner of the larger picture.  I cropped it and knew I’d found the inspiration for today’s ‘before breakfast’ painting.

So, when you are looking through your reference photos, don’t forget to peek into the corners, so to speak.  Remember that you can take bits and pieces of a picture for your use. You don’t have to use the whole thing.

 

Here’s the big picture including the rear view mirror on his big rig.  Lots of his photos have that particular feature. 
 
 
 

Here’s the little bit I cropped out from waaaay up in the right hand corner.
 
 
 

Here’s the resulting painting with some artistic license taken.
 
It is, after all, my world and I can create it however I see fit.

No comments: