Monday, November 15, 2010

IT'S BEEN TWO MONTHS!

It's been two whole months since I posted my last blog entry.  I can't believe that!  But, it's true.

I am going to try to be more diligent about keeping my blog current.  But I doubt I will go back to daily entries.  That turned into a job...and I'm retired....don't want no stinkin' job!  LOL

I have realized though that I miss these 'visits' with my friends, so I'm going to try to get back on track.

What have I been doing?

No surprises here.  I've been painting. 

And here's the  proof!



That blob is my waste paint.  I've been collecting it in an ice cream container for about the last 4 months.  I do this so I can properly dispose of it...eventually.  Someone, however, suggested a call it a paper weight and try to sell it. 

Somehow, I don't think anyone would shell out any cash for this.  Besides, it's not really very heavy because there's lots of air space in it, so it wouldn't make much of a paperweight.  I do find it interesting...and, for some reason, a little comical looking.

It has taken a whole lot of paintings to produce this much leftover paint.

I will try to show you what I've done since our last visit here on these pages.

I spent some time trying to learn to do  portraits.  That was great fun but probably the most difficult paintings I've ever attempted.

This is the way-too-cute son of one of my family members.


And this is the gorgeous daughter of a very dear friend of mine.


I've also done portraits of a couple of beautiful women.

This is my cousin.



And this is a very special internet friend.



Naturally, I'm still doing my favorite thing to paint....landscapes of this beautiful desert along with some 'different for me' still-lifes.

Maybe I'll show you those next time.

I know many of you have already seen these as I've posted them on my facebook page, so this hasn't been much of anything new.  Sorry about that. 

I'll try to do better next time.  ;)

I remain eternally grateful for the wondrous joy that painting has brought into my life!





No comments: