Wednesday, November 24, 2010

SNOW REMEMBERED

A friend recently e-mailed about the new snow which had just fallen on her mountains. Hers are the Cascades and the Siskiyous. She lives, of course, in the beautiful state of Oregon. And her mountains are uniquely breathtaking. But, then, so are the ranges near where I grew up in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I loved snow....back then. I still do, but I prefer to see it from a far distance....or even just in a photo.


Later that day, I pulled out a new canvas with no clue what I was going to paint on it. As I often do, I asked my paints........

"Who wants to come out and play?"

Alizaron Crimson was the first to put up her hand.



As you can see, 'something' tall wanted to live on the right side of this canvas. But what?

I asked for the next volunteer and ultramarine blue responded and suddenly, I knew what wanted to become a painting. I was remembering snow.....but seeing it from a comfortable distance.




Greens came out next and together, we made a spot, which still feels warm, from which to get a perfect view of those cold, cold mountain tops.





This is:


SNOW REMEMBERED
22 X 28

I am so grateful that I don't have to deal with snow and ice covered roads where I live.

I am so grateful that I can create snow where I want it....in a painting.

I am so grateful, already, for the good food we will have tomorrow.

I am so grateful for PEACE, JOY and LOVE in my life.

I am so grateful for all the wonderful friends which the internet has allowed me to know....

One of whom, inspired this painting.

ALMOST HOME
14 x 18


Where ever you are this Thanksgiving, I hope your heart feels at home.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!



No comments: