Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Trip That Almost Wasn't-Days Two and Three

It was hard to leave Sedona but there was still lots of gorgeous scenery as we made our way toward Payson, Arizona.

 
And, as you can plainly see, the rain was beginning again.

Yes, I should have cropped out our Arizona sunburnt and cracking dashboard of our old car.  But I didn't.  It is what it is.

 
And yes, I should have cropped out the reflection of my pack of smokes.  That, too, is what it is.  What I want you to see is that we are heading into even more stormy weather.  Of course.

The higher we went, the worse it got....or the better...depending on your viewpoint.  This day, my viewpoint was more inclined toward fear than joy because it was a busier highway
 
It rained and it rained and it rained some more...often really, REALLY hard.  It was some white-knuckle time, for sure. 
 
But, then, the rain stopped and out of the corner of my eye, I was able to see a pull out at this spot.
 
 
We pulled out.  We stopped.  And look what we found!!! 




 
I totally, completely, absolutely loved our trip...rain and all...and here's the heart-rock to prove it!

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

Gail Wedgeworth said...

Your photography is as nice as your artwork. I love nature and appreciate your commitment to revealing the natural beauty of your home state. :)