Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Trip That Almost Wasn't-Part Three

Yes.  We are still on the first day of our trip.

We are just leaving Yarnell and are amazed by all the lush green hillsides and pastures.

 
But,of course, there are clouds in the distance.


Many clouds.
 
I think that's a completely different place than just outside Yarnell, but I have so many photos of distant rain clouds that it doesn't much matter.  At any given time, the road ahead of us looks pretty much like that!
 
 
However. Hubby has assured me that wherever we go, whatever we do, when we need for the rain to stop, it will.  He's certain of that.  And guess what?  He was right!
 
 
When we wanted to get out and take pictures of the beautiful scenes we could...with nary a raindrop fallin' on our heads!
 
 
The road twisted and turned as we made our way toward Prescott.
 
We reached the edge of town, in the beautiful pine forest, just about time to stop for the evening.  I spotted a darling little motel with a beautiful water feature in their garden.  I was tired and thought I'd take a picture of the little garden the next morning before we left.  As I was getting out of the car, I dropped my camera and broke it.
 
I cannot write here the things I said out loud, loudly, and certainly not the things I thought.
 
Sigh.

 

Day Two

 
After a not so great night's rest at that darling little motel (There must have been an elephant family in the room above us.), we headed out for some breakfast and waited for Best Buy to open so I could get a new camera.  NOT. IN.  THE.  BUDGET!!!
 
I took a photo, with my brand new camera, from the parking lot of Best Buy.  You betcha!  Raining buckets!  And in the process of learning my new photo program, I apparently deleted the photo 'cause it's nowhere to be found on my computer!
 
Sigh again.
 
Onward.
 
 
Elk on top of a building in Prescott, Arizona
We like him!
 
We loved Prescott.  It's such a picturesque old town filled with Victorian houses and a lovely town square and courthouse.  We hope to go back.
 
As Hubby predicted, the sun came out just in time to enjoy this .
 
 
 
But soon we were back to this view from our car.

 
 
Yep.  It's raining again.
 
We are climbing another mountain range on our way to:
 
 
Jerome, Arizona
 
Jerome is an old mining town which has become a complete tourist trap,  of sorts.  But it's still charming and delightful.  I wrote about it on another blog after a very special trip with my Grandson, several years ago.
 
You can read about it here:
 

 
 
This is the main street through Jerome.  Narrow-just a tad!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Uh-Oh! 
 
A local law enforcement person was having a word with the driver of this semi.  I am reasonably certain it will cost him a  pretty penny to have mistakenly or stupidly taken this NOT truck route!
 
 
It doesn't take long to drive through Jerome and down the hill toward another adventure.  On the way, we saw this.
 
 
Rock formations began to get quite colorful as we came down the mountain. 
 
 
 
 
 
There's a reason for that.
 
Next stop:
 
SEDONA!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: