Saturday, September 1, 2018

MORNING GLORY

This morning's soundtrack really should be:

"Oh, what a beautfiul mornin'....oh, what a beautiful day............."   

We had a cloudburst last night which left the air cool and fresh and sweet.  I am getting occasional whiffs of my Arabian Jasmine growing in the front yard. 

Hummingbirds, mockingbirds, doves, gold finches, house finches, woodpeckers and a multitude of sparrows are paying visits to the fountain and singing the sun up!

The passing clouds are making pretty pictures in the sky.



The fountain is splashing a melody.

It's Saturday.  The only traffic noise I can hear is the faint whistle of a distant train.

My coffee tastes especially good, this morning.



Daisy Cat is keeping me company.



I didn't sleep the night through.  In fact,  I was wide awake again, in the middle of the night.  I didn't pay close enough attention to the music video I chose before I went to bed.  It only lasted 4 hours....so, when it stopped, I woke up.

I got into a cooking frenzy, yesterday afternoon, and made myself so tired that I left a horrible mess in the kitchen.  So, once again, in the middle of the night, I was up doing dishes.  It was good to wake up to a clean kitchen.



I got a surprisingly good sounding little speaker for my tablet and I think, last night, I got the 'right' volume level figured out...not too loud....not too soft...but juuuuuust right.  So, if I use a 24/7 video tonight instead of that 4 hour one, I might be more successful sleeping through the night.

The smoking thing:  I am very aware, especially after yesterday, that allowing myself to get too tired is a sure fire way to set off a chain-smoking episode!  Also, frustration and excitement are strong triggers.  I am feeling less and less triggers as I work on these blog entries and  I am still making new connections to healthier responses to my triggers.  There are so many!

Today is September...a new month....a new season.....a time when, if I make myself healthy enough, I can spend many pleasant hours nurturing my poor, neglected yard without the possibility of heat stroke!  And while doing that, I will be nurturing my own neglected soul.

So....the song continues............

"I've got a wonderful feelin'....everything's goin' my way!"

And I AM GRATEFUL!

No comments: