Friday, July 23, 2010

WORTH THE WAIT

It's monsoon in Tucson.

That's when the heat-weary inhabitants can be observed, throughout the day, scanning the skies in hopes of seeing rain coming their way.

I got petulant last week about the lack of rain at our house....so, I painted this. 

Paint it and it will come.

At least,  that was my hope, my intention and my prayer!

WAITING
18 X 24


We finally got several decent showers at our house. 

I'm taking full credit.

Of course, this probably helped.



Look what happens when it rains!



This is my Texas Ranger.  Most of the year, it's a rather dull grey-green, non-descript bush.

  But when it rains!  Oh my!

It explodes into a cloud of lavender blossoms. 

It smells like heaven!





If you look real close, up near the top, you can see a bee getting drunk on nectar!

At this time of year, lots of days I ask myself,

Why on earth do you live in this hotternhell country?

Then the magic of rain on the desert happens......

and I know why.

And I am grateful!

6 comments:

Joye Lisk said...

Ahhhhhh.....the thirsty desert drinks and blooms! Lovely rain dance painting!

Sharon Kay said...

Thanks. Our artistic minds have been on the same track. It's all about the rain!!!

Dawn said...

beautiful, beautiful beautiful!!!

Debbie Brown said...

Smelling rain and heaven coming from Arizona via Skay! Wow! :)

Sharon Kay said...

Dawn...I love when you love my desert stuff...'cause I know you love the desert, too. ;)

Sharon Kay said...

Debbie...when you live in Arizona and the rains come...you do get a glimpse of heaven, I think.