Sunday, October 25, 2009

I finally did it!

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about blogging. For some reason, I just want to! Probably because I am so opinionated about so many things and want to have the ability to state said opinions publicly. I guess that gives me a feeling of empowerment. It matters not at all that very few people, if any, are remotely interested in my many opinions.





Nevertheless, here I am, starting my very own blog.





It's strange day to begin this as I'm, at the moment, experiencing some pretty painful emotions regarding my painting passion. For about 15 years, I have been painting like a maniac...completely overcome with this happy compulsion.





Today, I'm wondering how I can continue indulging in my addiction. I'm thinking I might have to give up my website, http://www.skayart.com/. I'm thinking I might have to get a job...even if it's menial and demeaning. It's for sure that there are few dollars coming in from my art.





I have, actually, issued a Captain Dan style ultimatum to the Universe regarding this whole thing. SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!, I said, shaking my fist toward the heavens. Or let me learn how to live without painting.





We'll see what happens.





In the meantime, I intend to spend at least a portion of this beautiful fall Sunday in Tucson, Arizona, finishing a small painting that I am working on.





One of my very favorite places in Tucson is Ted De Grazia's Gallery in the Sun. It's so much more than an art gallery and the little chapel he built on the grounds is one of my favorite subjects to paint. I've lost count of how many times I've painted it and I still love doing it.

http://degrazia.org/Splash.aspx





Call me crazy, but I love to share my 'in progress' paintings. That can be quite dangerous, because more often than I'd like to admit, my paintings start out looking pretty doggone good and somehow I manage to ruin them. Here's where I am, right now, on my latest painting of De Grazia's chapel. It's teeny...only 3" x 5"...and it's oils.



I guess that's it for my very first ever blog. I'm sure a lot of my painting adventures will wind up here. I also expect that I'll talk a lot about books. And music. And movies. And memories. And this beautiful Sonoran Desert in which I am fortunate to reside. I'll try not to be horribly boring. But, I'm not making any promises.

Til next time...remember to BE GRATEFUL!!!!!!!!

No comments: