Saturday, October 31, 2009

TUBAC, ARIZONA


Would you rather live here????????????????




Or here!


Actually, the first picture isn't even in Tubac. It's in Green Valley. But there are hundreds of sub-divisions all over Southeastern Arizona that look just like it. Every house or townhouse or apartment is that same drab grey/tan color. The color of desert dirt.

What I want to know is why....when all these cotton candy colors are just as easy to paint on all that stucco as brown is.


All these beauties are in Barrio de Tubac.


Just look at that! Isn't it stunning?




and enticing..........

and cheerful.....

and inviting!


Many of these townhomes have roof top patios for watching the sunset...or the sunrise....or the moon rising, fat and luminous in a black velvet, star- studded Arizona sky.



Even the doggone trash cans are colorful and cute!

Eye Candy!

That's what it is.


Now, let's go to Tubac...the historical little town where there's even more eye candy.


Tubac is an historical old village with a beautiful mountain backdrop. You can't go anywhere in Arizona without seeing mountains somewhere in the distance. These are the Santa Ritas.




Tubac has lots of history. It was established in 1752. This little church has been around a good while, but not that long. Because in 1848, Tubac was all but destroyed in an Apache raid.




But we're not into history today.



This is what we're after! Galleries! Shops! More eye candy!!!!

I just can't tell ya' whether this dog is real...or a sculpture. Could be either one.




Many years before I moved to Tucson, I visited Tubac. One of the most interesting shops featured beautifully crafted copper fountains....most in the shape of desert plants.

Like this one.




Man Oh Man! Look at it today!!!!!! There's everything you can imagine, including the bathroom sink!




There is a veritable garden of flowers. None of which requires water. That's a good thing on a desert.



There's lots of Mexican pottery critters. Big ones.....

and little ones.....



cohabiting with the metal ones.....


Does this blog make my tongue look long?


Hi Yo Copper! Away!!!

If you're not old, like me, you won't 'get' that reference to The Lone Ranger's horse which was named 'Silver.'

I'm grateful for all the beautiful colors in this world. And I'm grateful my friend asked me along for the ride today. And I'm grateful that eye candy doesn't put pounds on my old body!

What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos. Makes me want to live there.

Sharon said...

Me, too, Donna. But first, I'd have to win the lottery!