Monday, November 2, 2009

CHASING THE MOON




I had something all ready to post this morning and then I saw this! I was overcome by moon mania.
I have been up since before 5 this morning.
I have spent most of the last hour and a half trying my darndest to take a picture of the almost full moon. But, it can’t be just any picture. It has to be the exact right picture. I got a perfect shot around the first of October last year. I only have a good chance at that moon sitting exactly where I want it during this time of year. It has to be situated in the right position in the sky. Somehow, I deleted it from my computer! I hate it when I do that!

This morning I tried and tried, but I never even got close! In order to get that moon in exactly the right spot, I have to be in the exact right position. And it would help if I could see anything besides that bright moon. But, I can’t! It’s still dark-thirty! It would help if I could turn on the porch light, but it would be shining right into the bedroom window where hubby is, intelligently, still fast asleep.

Waking him up at this ridiculous hour would NOT be a good start to his day. Or mine.

It would also help if I was just a tad taller. So, I tried standing on this.
That produced this. BAH!


I tried with the flash-praying it didn’t wake the hubby. I tried it without. I zoomed in….I zoomed out.















FIDDLESTICKS! Or words to that effect!

I’ll try again in the morning. But after that, the moon will be waning. And it won’t be in the right place in the sky. And I’ll have to wait til next year.

Hell’s Bells! I think I’ll just go have another cup of coffee.




Note my Be Grateful coffee cup. It helps me start the day with a good attitude...usually.
Here’s a daylight shot of the area I’m working with on the moon picture. As you can see, theres lots and lots of unattractive junk that I must avoid.

FYI-This cross is made from two Saguaro ribs and baling wire.
Dry Data
Saguaros are those big cacti ubiquitous to the Sonoran Desert. They have a skeletal structure called ‘ribs.’ Even a dead Saguaro is protected here. It provides habitat for a multitude of desert creatures. So, if you want some Saguaro ribs, you have to purchase them from a licensed dealer. I promise mine were legally obtained.



I have taken some nice photos of this cross. Here’s a few.










I could take more pretty pictures from right on my patio except for all the junk cluttering up my view! Like this one of my beautiful mountains this morning. I wish I had a delete button which would get rid of all the clutter. I think that would be Photoshop. I don't have Photoshop. Darn.








Oh, the tragedy of it all!

I’ll stop whining now ……….
have another cup of coffee……
…and just

…..be grateful for my beautiful mountains this morning!







4 comments:

Debbie Brown said...

Hi Sharon,

What a beautiful blog you have! Thanks for taking me on a tour of the beauty that surrounds you. I love the cross against that gorgeous Arizona sky of yours!

Today in Indiana I raked leaves into a huge pile and then sat down next to them like an old friend. It was quiet but I could hear them whispering so I wrote a poem about it.

Then I came here and read your article....looked at your pictures and did a cartwheel!

Thanks for helping my little girl come out and play today.
Hugs,
Debbie Brown

Barbara Kleinhans said...

love the imagery of the cross and the full moon. Me thinks you got a painting there!

Sharon Kay said...

For some reason, my response to comments isn't always showing up. Sorry, Debbie and Barbara, for being so late with this.
Debbie...I'm glad you had a 'play day' today. And Barbara, yep....I'm thinking you may be right!

Shelly Streck said...

Are you for real?! Those beautiful mountains are what you get to wake up to each day? I did not realize this. I just now read this blog and saw that picture of the mountains. You are so fortunate!