Saturday, November 28, 2009

DARK-THIRTY


I love the early morning.

It's calm.

It's quiet.

It's still...and peaceful.

It's too early for the morning traffic...and the resulting emergency sirens rushing to fender-benders.  I always say a little prayer that it is only a fender-bender.

It's too early for reveille...which I can hear clearly, from the nearby air force base.  And, it's still too early for the multitude of aircraft to be flying over my house.  And, no, I don't really mind the noise.  I'm grateful to those men and women and I usually say a little prayer or them, too.

It's too early for the kids walking by on their way to school...being all loud and rambunctious...while they still can.  Before some mean ol' teacher makes them sit down and be quiet!

It's even too early for all the birds who frequent my yard.  Except maybe for the mockingbirds.  Sometimes, like me, they are VERY early risers.  Or they are night owls.  But whichever they are, they will sing their little bird hearts out whenever they bloody well want to!  Good for them!


And, it's still too early for our cat, Codi, to be in bird-stalking mode.  Thankfully, she's not what you could call a really good hunter!


It's not too early though, to watch the moon setting.  Bella Luna is often forgotten in the morning.  Sometimes, she's at  her most beautiful then.


And pretty soon, it's just the right time to watch the rising sun give 'my' mountains a good morning kiss.





And to watch the morning clouds turn all sweetly rosy-hued.


It's exactly the right time to listen to the music of my water fountain trickling happily away sounding almost like a little mountain stream. And soon, I'll be able to  watch the birds come get a morning drink from the fountain or my birdbath.










Or just to stop a minute to say "Good Morning, Skay."



My neighbor's chinaberry tree, in the autumn, sends me a cheery hello.



Early morning is my best 'creative' time.  I am often at my computer writing as early as 5 a.m.  That's usually when these blog entries get written. 

Or I might be already at my easel painting away.  Sometimes I write in my journal.  But always, this is at my elbow!


I write...or paint....and sip.  I write...or paint....and sip.  And I am reminded to BE GRATEFUL! 
Have I mentioned, I love my coffee cup!

Before I know it, daylight is creeping in and all the big and little noises replace the stillness and the silence.

But that's ok, too.  It's a new day!  I'm GRATEFUL for each new day.  And excited by the possible possibilities!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhh, what a beautiful day!!!!!!! Thanks for an inspiring reminder friend.

Sharon Kay said...

You're welcome, Donna. This beautiful day has turned into a blustery-almost winter-y one. But, it's still beautiful!

Barbara Kleinhans said...

someday soon I'll have my own gratitude mug!