Tuesday, November 17, 2009

HOLY TRINITY MONASTERY ART FAIR-DAY ONE


It was cold.

Cold. Cloudy. Breezy. Threatening rain.

But we had to get the booth set up. It was really hard to do because it was c-c-c-cold.

But mainly, it was hard to get the job done because I kept looking this way…..



and that way…………



and here…………..



and there………




It was doggone hard to concentrate on the task at hand with all that glorious, gorgeous display of nature…in every direction!



Then, throw that huge, impressive, Celtic cross into the mix…and …well, that explains why I took 146 pictures!


Does this give you an idea of the size of the cross?



Eventually, we got the job done though.

I kinda forgot to take some good pictures of my booth because I kept looking up and finding something better to take a picture of!





Before the crowds arrived, I left hubby in charge of the booth and walked around to take some more pictures. Like this one.

and this one, too


and....


The crowds did arrive. Just look at this parking lot! Oh…and the scenery, too. This, too, is Arizona, folks!
See those mountains way off  in the distance?  You can't go anywhere in Arizona without finding mountains in the distance. 



Arizona isn’t always just cactus and sand.


The crowds arrived to see what they could see. And they could have found plenty!  This event is truly more of a bazaar than an art fair, in my opinion, because of the sheer variety of goodies to be found.

Beer can whirligigs, I don’t think, can be classified as ‘art.’ But they’re fun!



Look at these awesome mosaic pots!



I snagged this cross, from that same booth, after calling my friend and telling her she absolutely HAD TO HAVE IT!

Poor lady, she was trying to get set up and I'm in there taking pictures like crazy.

Of course, there was food for sale….


I wonder what Pooh bear would think of this honey?

The one thing that I absolutely should have taken a picture of was my pecan tart made at the monastery.
I forgot to.
Anyway, I would have been drooling all over the camera and the picture wouldn’t have turned out very good.
I hereby pronounce their home-made pecan pies as true art, pure and simple!


This is Father Henry, the Prior of HTM. He looks like he’s having a good time. Thanks, Father, for sharing your sacred space with us all! Should I have asked you for absolution for my lie about staying home and petting the cat that I posted on Sunday?


Sorry Hawaaian shirt guy.  I don't know who you are or I'd say "Howdy!"


It was fun to see friends from Tucson. Hi Delores and Cecil!  Cecil wore his shorts!  I bet he was sorry.



And it was fun to see these alpacas strolling down the aisles. I wonder if they bought anything.





Here’s somebody who bought something.
Undoubtedly, this young man is the most favorite customer I’ve ever had. You have never seen a three year old get so animated about a painting!

He had some twigs in his hand, which he used as pointers as he discussed the fine points of SNOW MELT.  And discuss, he did.  He kept talking about water and 'up there' and lots of other things that I didn't quite get.  But, there is no doubt, he is quite the  knowledgeable art connoiseur. Or maybe an art professor...he's just so serious about it all!   I would give my painting arm (almost) to know what all was going on in his sweet little head!



He did take a look at another painting



but, his heart belonged to SNOW MELT.

And, because his mom is a good mom, SNOW MELT now belongs to him.




And folks, this, right here, is what made the entire weekend…hard work, inclimate weather and all…… absolutely worthwhile!



Be still my heart.






Beautiful scenery, funs things to look at, good food to eat ,interesting people to meet and.........

......................................................................................................................................music and dancing!

(Which I'll tell you all about tomorrow because this post is getttin' too long-winded.)


It doesn’t get any better than that!


I am GRATEFUL for it all!


4 comments:

Donna said...

I almost feel like I was there with you....wish I had been. Thanks for sharing this and all these glorious photos. I absolutely love the Celtic cross.

Sharon Kay said...

It is so beautiful, isn't it? So stunning...imposing...awesome! LOL

jeff said...

'lil feller proud of his "snow melt" :)

Sharon Kay said...

He sure seemed like it, Jeff!
Howdy, son!
Love,
Mom ;)