Monday, November 9, 2009

DEAR DIGITAL CAMERA



Dear Digital Camera of mine,
How do I love you?
Let me count the ways.

I love you because you let me take as many pictures as I want and the only cost is batteries.

I love you because you came with a good basic editing program that lets me be creative.

I love you because you are so petite.  Unlike the very first digital camera I had which weighed a ton, went through batteries in a heartbeat and would only store a measly amount of pictures. 
This puppy measures 2 3/4 x 5 and boast of a whopping 1.5 megapixels!


Sometimes I take pictures of grand, sweeping vistas.


Sometimes I forget to crop out the shadow of me stepping out of the car to grab a dramatic shot.  Whoops.

Sometimes I take pictures of things just as close as I can get.


Because, it helps you be more intimate with  your subject than when you take the picture from farther away.




Sometimes, I take pictures of strange things.


I have no idea of the possible purpose of this mass of concrete and steel marbles.  But I knew I just had to take a picture of it.
Texture Baby!  Texture gets me every time!





Sometimes things just don't work out.  But hey!What've you got to lose. I tried so hard to get a
good shot of a saguaro silhouetted against the sun.
But it was impossible. I was shooting from inside
a car going down a winding mountain road
with no place to stop, get out and get what I wanted.
 
 Texture gets me...and so do shadows. 

What was making those interesting shadows on the ground?

This was.

That is a ramada. Ramada is Spanish for something that is built to provide shade.  This one is made from saguaro ribs and can be seen at De Grazia's Gallery In the Sun here in Tucson.  I have only taken about million photos at that place.  If you come here and you don't go there, you might just as well have stayed home.  Well....that's my opinion, anyway.

Just because I want to...here's another picture I took there.  This one is inside the chapel on the gallery grounds.

And look what else I found inside......more lovely shadows!



Occasionally, I have been known to lay down right on the ground to get the shot I want....like this one of some African daisies in my back yard.  I wish I could make those utlitiy lines and pole go away.  But, I can't!


Here's another flower shot with the spotlight application which comes with my Kodak photo program.

Dramatic, no?  Dramatic, YES!

Sometimes, the strangest things appeal to me.  Like these stacked, old gasoline cans.  Who'd have thought they could be so photogenic?


However, the main reason I love you, Dear Digital Camera, is that you make it possible, in partnership with my internet connection, to share pictures with other people. 

Yours faithfully and truly,
SKay

I am so very, very GRATEFUL for my Dear Digital Camera!  Thank you, Kodak, for making it.

8 comments:

Donna said...

You take somereally good pictures with this lil camera.

Shelly Streck said...

The picture with the hole...well that's very intersting. I can't figure out if that is a cement wall, or the sand or what. Nice plug for Kodak.

Sharon Kay said...

Yes, Donna. That is a doggone good little camera!

Sharon Kay said...

Shelly, that is a hole in an adobe wall...put in it for decorative purposes only. I'm working on a blog entry which will tell you all about that picture...where it came from, etc. Kodak deserves it, as far as I'm concerned. My camera is a bottom of the line, cheapy...and has really performed beautifully for me for a long, long time.

lanietx said...

i miss my kodak !! she still sits on my table even after a year after she died. i keep hoping she will come to life again someday. the only thing that is wrong is the zoom lens does not work, but it still shuts off anyway. i have a horrible polaroid now.

Barbara Kleinhans said...

Your photo editing is superb in this post! So many great and intriguing photos from that little bitty camera. Great job!

p.s. I would have taken pictures of the gas cans too.

Sharon Kay said...

lanie...Christmas is coming. Perhaps a little hint is in order. ;)

Sharon Kay said...

Barbara, Considering the incredible photos you produce,your compliment is very gratifying! Thank you, so much.