Friday, November 20, 2009

MURGATROID MACGILLICUTTY


Indeed I am!


This will be, amazingly, my 29th blog entry!

My humble thanks to every one of you who have told me you are reading SkaySpeak regularly!

Last evening, I went back and read a few of the very first ones. I seriously considered utilizing the 'delete' option on some of them! But I didn't. I figure that keeping them on here will be a good way to keep me humble! Should I ever need a reminder.

I think I'm getting better at blogging. I'm not as confused about how to do things and Blogspot makes the whole process pretty simple....except for one 'biggie', which we'll get to here in a minute or two.

Some things I am wondering about are:

How do I know if anybody is reading it?

How do I know if anybody likes it?

How do I put videos on here?

Should I consider 'monetizing' it?

Are my posts too long?

Are my posts too short?

Do I use enough pictures?

Do I use too many pictures?

How do I get more 'followers'?

What exactly is a 'follower'?

How do I set things up so that I know when I get a new comment on a blog?

Is my punctuation...or lack of it...driving you nuts?

Are my many grammatical mistakes doing the same?

Why on earth doesn't blogspot have spellcheck on the 'compose' page?

Why, oh why, do I have to deal with chin hairs?


Lots and lots of questions.

What I've figured out, using my very own brain-power, is that most of those questions can only be answered by YOU....by every YOU who is reading this.

I need YOU to tell me that..............
(grovel alert)

You're reading it.

You like it or you don't.

You think the posts are too short, too long or just right.

You think I use too many pictures, not enough pictures or just the right amount of pictures.

You are a follower and the 'following' happened when you became a 'follower'....

or....nothing at all happened when you became a 'follower'



Here's how you can let me know all that.

You can post a comment.

I'm getting lots more personal e-mails and comments on facebook than I ever imagined I would.

Some of your comments are so witty and wonderful, funny and wise, that I'd love for them to be shared with others. In my opinion, your participation would add so much to my blog.

Now, I'm not really asking you to answer all those questions That would feel like some kind of home-work hell, wouldn't it?
I would never do that to you!
I promise.

But I am asking as politely as I know how.........

Actually...........

I'm begging.

I'm pleading.

I'm groveling here!

Would you, pretty please, post comments as often as you would like, on SkaySpeak?

Now, we come to that 'biggie' I mentioned at the very beginning of this post.

In my humble opinion, blogspot makes posting a comment much more complicated and intimidating to some folks than is, at all, necessary.

I can't tell you how many times I've received an e-mail from some very frustrated friend, telling me they cannot figure out how to get a comment actually posted!

So...if that's your problem, we're going to address it right here.

Here's how you post a comment.

At the very bottom of each post, is the word comments....preceeded by a number...too often, a zero.
(whine alert)

Click on the word comments.

Place your cursor in that white box, left click and type away...as much or as little as you want.

Now...see where it says select profile?

Click on the little blue checkmark.

You'll see a bunch of options.

Let's follow the K.I.S.S. principal...and keep it simple, Sweetie!

Choose name/url.

Yet another box will appear which says edit profile.

Under name type in whatever name you want to use. Your very own. Or one you make up...like...

MURGATROID MACGILLICUTTY

It doesn't really matter what you put in there as your name. But remember, that if you don't use your real name, I won't have a clue who you are.
Probably.
Unless you give me a hint.

You don't have to enter anything at all in the box for URL. But if you've got a blog or a website of your own that you want to share, then by all means, throw it in there!
I'm all about pimpin' your own self!
I do it all the time.

Should you prefer to say bad, mean, nasty, hateful things about me....or you just don't like putting anything personal on the internet,

you could choose anonymous instead of name/url.

Next....

click continue.

Continuing to adhere to the K.I.S.S. principal, please ignore the option to edit your name...unless you made a really bad typo or something......at least for now. Later, when you have become adept and expert at commenting...have at it! Edit Away!

Also...ignore the parentheses which appear after your name. It doesn't show up afterwards...so why, I wonder, is it even there!

Now, click on post comment.

and type in that pesky word verification IF you see it.

Here's another question to add to my ever-growing list.

Why do some people get that pesky word verification prompt....and some people don't!

and finally...................

click on POST COMMENT!

If you have any problems after following my crystal clear (I hope) instructions let me know...and then let Blogspot know!

'Cause this is just ridiculous!

By the way, it takes far less time to actually DO this commenting thing than it does to read about how to do it!  It is so simple.  I have no idea why it is made to look so confusing to so many people.  You internet savvy people who are amazed that the rest of us are confused...well......get over it!

Was that rude?
I'm so sorry.

Just in case you're wondering, I am completely, absolutely, totally, everlastingly GRATEFUL for each and every comment ever made on my blog!

When there are comments on my blog, it doesn't look and feel so lonely and dejected.
(whine alert)

And I feel such a sense of happiness and gratification.
(attempt at manipulation alert)

And I promise never to ask you to comment again.

But if you do, I'll be ever so GRATEFUL.

One more thing.........

It would be lots simpler if you printed out these instructions first BEFORE you try to comment. You could highlight them and print them.  But, make sure you choose the 'selection' option before you print or you'll wind up with the whole blessed blog....and then you'll be mad at me for making you use up all that ink and all that paper!

And, I don't want you mad at me.
Really I don't.

'Cause I love you.
Really, I do!



12 comments:

Lizzie Ledbetter said...

What did you just say?

Dallas said...

Just wanted to let you know that this morning it was easy to post a comment. It seems it is different sometimes. Crazy. Love you always

Sharon Kay said...

Hi Lizzie! You sound familiar even with your fake name! ;)

Dallas...I am SO relieved that it was easier this morning. Because I COVET YOUR COMMENTS!

Obviously, groveling works! LOL

Joan said...

Loved the name for today's blog...

Must be right amount of everything since I am looking forward to seeing your blog each day.

..like you, I also like to read the comments..-

Cate said...

ok, here's my comment...keep it up girlfriend, especially the photos, cause here in Orygun we don't have sun this time of the year! Yep, it's me, HC

Dana said...

Heavens to Murgatroid Betsy ! We love your blog. And as far as our opinions are concerned... WHO CARES WHAT WE THINK ! Do it because you love to, or need to, or want to. I kinda think of a blog as a diary, only you include things other people CAN read ! So if your thoughts or observations have alittle hitch in there gitty up, trying to get out, who cares. None of us are English teachers rights, so what difference does punctuation make. Just write what you think and Im sure we will all enjoy going along for the ride !
YOU ARE SKAY, HEAR YOU ROAR !

Sharon Kay said...

WOW! HC, you and Dana both just rocked my blog-world! Thank you, so much!!!
Cate...I promise more photos tomorrow. That will be the usual modus operendi.
Dana...I do care what you think, 'cause I am writing this for ya'll! Truly I am. Well...I'll admit, I might do it if absolutely nobody was reading it. I am having a ball!
ROAR, I will!

Sharon Kay said...

Joan,
I'm so glad you said that you read the comments. I think make the whole blog more interesting, entertaining and fun! Thanks for being a regular, sweetie.
p.s. Hope you're feeling better.

Punk'in Pie said...

Its Perfectly Proper to Prattle in a Paragraph to this Post to say your Plog is Pleasantly Pleasing…. Please Proceed Pronto.

Sharon Kay said...

LOL, Punk'in Pie. You sweet and spicy treat you!
I have such very clever friends!!!!

Shelly Streck said...

Did you make up that Murgatroid name? That is truly comical!!! Yeah, and who cares if your spelling and grammar is wrong? I read your blog for the pure enjoyment of it! I definatley dont think you have too many pictures. And Sharon...i think I can speak on behalf of all your readers...we really do love you too. Blog away :)

Sharon Kay said...

Shelly, I didn't make it up. You're just too young to recognize it and you are making me feel really, really old! LOL
Actually, I'm not sure where the name originated..some old tv show, I think. Yes, it just sounds hilarious.
Thanks,cuz. It's good to be loved! :)