Thursday, November 19, 2009

HOLY TRINITY MONASTERY-FINAL CHAPTER


This is mostly going to be pictures...just because I have so many wonderful ones you haven't seen yet.

Expect randomness.

Expect repetition.

Because some of them are worth looking at more than once.
At least, I think so.

When you first drive into the Monastery grounds and through the pecan orchard, you see this building.  I was told it's the dining hall.  Whatever it is, it just makes me want to walk right through those doors.  It is so inviting.  And so Southwest.




On your left is the bookstore and office and of course, that stunning, imposing, 70 foot Celtic cross.




Just up the hill, is......



"Our Lady of Guadalupe" is very special to all people of Mexican heritage.


She is lovely.
And so is the chapel.







I got this wonderful shot because the peacock was up on the chapel garden wall...right at my eye level!



Remember the meditation garden?





Here's one reflection shot...




and I just have to do this one again!



I think this flag banner against that autumn gold cottonwood tree is stunning!



This was a huge show with tons of participants!
Just look at all those tents and canopies!


And that's not even all of them.







It was a wonderful weekend.


I am filled with GRATITUDE.

Thank you, Father Henry and everyone from HOLY TRINITY MONASTERY.

8 comments:

Dallas said...

This is crazy; now I can just post a comment. Also, it is still showing 0 comments. was the first one just an email?

Sharon Kay said...

Hi cuz...
Mine is showing 1 comment...yours. For you to see what mine is looking like, you might try refeshing the page. That's the up and down green arrows way up on the same line as the url.

Donna said...

I love all the gorgeous pictures. I know you had fun taking them.

Sharon Kay said...

I sure did, Donna. And I'm hoping to go back soon so I can take some more!

Shelly said...

sharon, did you take any pictures of your booth? Or any of your artwork? If so, I would love to see them. That place is so beautiful!! I love those tall, narrow evergreen trees.

Sharon Kay said...

Shelly, I was so busy taking pictures of all the beauty around me that I forgot to take many pictures of my booth. I did post a couple on the Day One blog story.
You can always see my paintings on my website.
www.skayart.com. There's a direct link to my site here on SkaySpeak.

Kelly said...

What a beautiful place! Your pictures remind me that sometimes I really do miss the Southwest.

Sharon Kay said...

Hi Kelly, So glad to see you here! Yes, it is a beautiful place. I can't wait to go back.