Friday, April 9, 2010

A COUPLE OF THINGS TO SHARE

A friend recently turned me on to an artist's website and I just have to share it with you.


The guy, Roger Bansemer, is a really good landscape painter, so there's lots of great paintings to enjoy. But what I love the most is his big collection of on-site painting videos. They are the best I've found on the internet. They are nice and long. You really get to see how his paintings happen. Also, his wife does a portion of the video in which she takes viewers on a 'tour' of whatever spot they happen to be in.

I am more than a little envious of their adventures. They travel, all over the U.S., in a motorhome, searching out interesting places for him to paint.
That is my dream life.

I guess I need to keep buying those lottery tickets so hubby and I can do the same thing.

In the meantime, I'll keep watching these videos and living vicariously through them.

Each video is about 30 minutes long, so save them for when you have that much time. If you are a painter, or even a wannabe painter, I bet you will be as inspired by them as I am.

Here's the link.

http://www.bansemer.com/painting_live/demonstration.html



On another note.

I saw a very thought provoking bumpersticker yesterday.

It read:



"Who would Jesus bomb?"



I don't care what your political or religous persuasion is, that question is a good one, don't you think?


Go forth and bomb the world with LOVE today, ok?


And for heaven's sake, BE GRATEFUL!

2 comments:

Leslie B. said...

Yeah, that sounds pretty good, Sharon. If you go--please take me with you as your resident writer. ~smile~
"Go forth and bomb the world with LOVE today." Will that be the bumper sticker on your motor home?

Paint on Garden Sistah!
Leslie

Sharon Kay said...

That would make a great bumper sticker, wouldn't it?
If I were you, I'm not sure I could drag myself away from that totally gorgeous place you've found to live! But, sure...come along with us and write away!