Saturday, April 10, 2010

IT FEELS SO GOOD

...to feel good again!

I still have my moments, but for the most part, I'm back to normal....or to whatever passes for 'normal' with me.

I've been painting.  Anyday I feel like painting is a good day, for sure!

Wanna see?

This one is of the high desert area around Tucson featuring Century plants.  Soon, they'll start putting on blooms, but not quite yet.

HIGH DESERT
16 x 20 acrylic on canvas



This is what finally happened to my little timed painting I did from the photo friend Gini shared with me.

I would love to spend the day right here!

COUNTRY CREEK
14 x 18 acrylic on canvas


And this one looks like an inviting place to take a walk.  I'm not quite finished with it and I haven't come up with a name for it, but it's 16 x 20, acrylic on canvas.



Our beautiful weather is tempting me to go outdoors and try to make my back yard beautiful again.  But I have to paint, too. 

HAVE to!

And you know what?

I am extremely GRATEFUL for that compulsion!!!


P.S.  Obviously, the automatic publishing option is not working.  I'm sorry this is so late getting posted!



4 comments:

Free2bfree said...

The paintings are gorgeous, Skay ... I love 'em!!! Glad you have the compulsion to paint, 'cause I sure enjoy seeing them. Someday I hope to have the same compulsion, but 'til then I'll ride on your coat tails!!! Weeeeee!!!

Love it, LUV IT!!! ~*~ Karen

Dawn said...

the muses must be smiling down from the heavens...i have been bitten by the creative bug too! only mine is in the form of brightly colored batik fabric :) as for your paintings, you're back up to snuff and two dips ahead, i would say! Hugs, Dawn

Sharon Kay said...

Karen...glad to have you riding my coat tails! :)
And I'll be even 'gladder' when you finally have space to play with paint yourself. ;)

Sharon Kay said...

Dawn...What are you going to do with your fabric? I love batik! Tell us all about your plans.