Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I AM NOT



A trained artist.
A trained photographer.
A trained writer.

And yet, here I am painting, blogging and photographing away…and having the audacity to put it right out there in public for anybody to see.

'Who do you think you are?', one might ask.

I might answer thusly.





I am an artist.

I am a photographer.

I am a writer.

I am all those and a darned good cook, to boot!

I am an artist because I allow the beauty of this world we live in to sink deep into my soul and then come back out through the paintbrush in my hand. Do I do it well? Not necessarily. But I do the best I can. And furthermore, I am driven to keep trying. Will I ever be able to paint something as beautiful as the original creation? Of course not! Nevertheless, I will keep trying.

I am a photographer because I take photographs…with a purpose. The purpose is, once again, allow the beauty of this world we live in to sink keep into my soul and hopefully, capture some essence of it with my camera. I don’t have a fancy camera or a fancy editing program. Yet I sometimes manage to get some powerful images, I think.

I am a writer because I allow thoughts and feelings, of all kinds, to stew around in my soul and then put those thoughts and feelings into words that I write down. Occasionally, a string of words comes out that conveys a profound message.

The fact that this blog allows me to share all this with other people is a gift I do NOT take lightly.

Would I paint, photograph or write even if I never got to show the results to someone? I don’t know the answer to that…oh yes, I do! Who am I kidding here? I think I would do all three because…..

The beauty of this world we live in sinks deep into my soul and nourishes, sustains and inspires me….and does so constantly.

On this blog, I ask you to be mindfully GRATEFUL.

I hope for one more thing. I hope that I can inspire you to allow yourself to be the “I AM” that you are.

Amen.

12 comments:

Cathy said...

Your Awesome

Sharon Kay said...

Namaste, my dear fried! You are, too! :) We are ALL awesome!

Dawn said...

i am grateful for the art, photos and writing that you share with us every day (except Sunday LOL). you inspire me every day.

Sharon Kay said...

Dawn, Thanks...it is my hope to inspire. I'm grateful to have Sunday's off. LOL

Donna said...

You do know that you have to live to be at least 100.....I will need you and all your inspirations and humor at least that long!!!!

Sharon Kay said...

Oh, Donna! You've made me all ferklempt...I might even bawl. What a sweet thing to say.

Louise Moran said...

The ALL that is you gives Beauty & Joy to the ALL that is us, delivering profound Gratitude to the ALL that is WE.

Sharon Kay said...

Nice, Louise! Hope your birthday was nothing but Beauty & Joy!

Shelly Streck said...

That's one of those writings I call refridgerator or mirror worthy. You know, you print it and stick it to either one so you can re-read it all the time.

Sharon Kay said...

Shelly, those are good words to hear! I'm glad it touched you. I am often thinking of you and several other young women I know, when I am writing these thoughts down. I wish someone had 'preached' my I AM-ness, to me when I was much younger.

gini said...

That's IT.. you have done it now.. The stirring inside me.. well it just got NAMED
I AM..
GRATEFUL
I am grateful for this blog.
YOU INSPIRE.
Today I am .
SOULFULLY SPEAKING you spoke what I think and I feel what you are is what I am. Blessings
gigi

Sharon Kay said...

gini/gigi
Yes, You ARE!
Thanks for the blessing and I send it right back to you.