Tuesday, February 9, 2010

MISS DAISY, CODI AND OTHER IMPORTANT MATTERS

Miss Daisy has recovered nicely from her surgery.  She will be adding no more unwanted kittens to this world.  And, thank heaven, the crazy behavior and the caterwauling have ceased.  Peace reigns, once again.

She is growing like crazy.  And, for the most part, she and Codi have become friends.


  Codi still maintains her status as feline Queen and can put Miss Daisy in her place with little effort. 

Note the evil eye.

The chair legs make a great playground. 

Miss Daisy performs on the parallel bar and while Codi glares.


Daisy, like most kids, loves to play with empty boxes.



She also loves empty cigarette packages.  Don't fuss at me.  Please.  Thank you.



I almost have her trained to bring them back to me so I can throw them for her to chase.  I actually had another calico cat that I trained to fetch a ball.  I'm not sure Miss Daisy is as bright as my Callie was, though.  The jury is still out on that one.

She also love to play with pens.......


But by far, her very favorite toy is still the string one....not the stuffed mouse on the end of it, just the string intself.



There's one other thing she really likes to do.  She just adores biting buttons!  That one scares me a little, for fear she might actually bite on off and swallow it.  But it's hard to make her stop.



Can you tell I'm wearing one of my old painting shirts?

Codi continues to be her own regal self.  She very graciously sat for a formal portrait.


Pretty girl!

***********************

Gladolus update!

Remember these?



Today, they look like this.



Plus, the very first blooms on the wild verbena!  I love that verbena!

This is what we're hoping for.



************

I did my daily painting. (See yesterday's blog.) Here it is.



There are things I like better about this one.
And things I like better about the other one.


But I learned something from doing each of them. And I am looking forward to doing more.

I'm grateful for Codi, Miss Daisy, the promise of Spring and the ability to still learn.

And I'm grateful for you.

8 comments:

gini said...

Yes, there is something magical about the word
Promise. Miss Daisy and Codi are delightful..
and of course your painting!! I'm still in the 'stirred within' stage pertaining to me painting.. but it's getting well stirred and incorporated.. he he
Now I must see previous blog. see? Can't let a day go by.. mm good. love, gini

Sharon Kay said...

Gini,
Hope you get it all stirred and incorporated and then bust out a'paintin'! ;)

Donna said...

A most delightful blog today. I am still trying to figure out what kind of box Daisy is playing with...Kotex or Depends??? LOL.....

HappyCrone said...

Oh Sharon, thank you for putting the picture of the wild Verbena, gives me some hope on the dreary day! And kitty pictures too!

Sharon Kay said...

Donna....the box says PUFFS, gf! Get you some glasses! LOL

Sharon Kay said...

HC, I honestly giggled in joy when I saw those purple blooms!

Lori said...

Donna .... Sharon might of needed the depends after reading your comment! With all of this rain, it's going to be an awesome season for wild flowers! I can hardly wait ... I may need depends too!

Sharon Kay said...

Lori...you are so right about my reaction to Donna's comment! ;)