Monday, February 22, 2010

THE PANIC BUTTON

It is Sunday evening.


5:30 p.m.

It just dawned on me that I have NOTHING prepared for this blog for tomorrow.

Yikes!
Methinks it is time for..............
Wanna know how I made that?

I found a curved font...made it real big.......

printed it out..........

put the lid of a milk jug in just the right spot......

and took a picture.

Voila!

***************************

OK....that was me procrastinating. I still don't know what to write.


***************************
Thinking.


Thinking.



I know. How about a story?



Once upon a time......back on the farm.........we raised rabbits.



One day, my 5 year old son happened to see a pair of rabbits breeding.



Have you ever seen that? I guarantee you it is an unforgettable experience.



When the male rabbit is...ahem....finished.....he lets out the most incredible squeal you have ever heard in your life and promptly falls to the ground, as though dead.



Talk about rolling over and going to sleep!



A few days later, the preacher came to visit.



During a lull in the conversation, 5 year old really livened things up with this question.



"Mama, when Daddy breeds you does he squeal like that rabbit?"



I am most grateful to give you the answer.


In a word, 'No.'



The End.

10 comments:

HappyCrone said...

once again you brought out a chuckle from an otherwise crumpy old crone who is pissed that it is Monday again! Thanks Girlfriend!

Dawn said...

LOL! i am sitting here laughing while tears stream down my cheeks. now i can face the day, despite the East TX winter gloom. i can always count on you.

Dawn said...

oh, and apparently the comment problem is something in Mozilla Firefox. it works okay in IE.

Donna said...

They never taught us THAT in Biology 101. I am cracking up here. Did you sit on the toilet and come up with that one....hehe

Sharon Kay said...

HC, you grumpy ol' thing you. Monday's will do that to ya', won't they? Glad you got a chuckle to start your day.
hugs,
skay

Sharon Kay said...

Dawn...laughing til you cry is a GOOD thing, isn't it?
It's gloomy here, too.
What happened to my sunshine????? I want it back!

Sharon Kay said...

Donna....NO!!!!!!!
LOL

gini said...

Laughing is good for the soul..
My soul is tip top shaped now.. thanks Skay.
We have sunshine in Maine today.. "they" inform us it will be the last day for a while.
UGH.. So keep the humor coming puleeeezz..
Off to paint now.. my second hour.. It's taken me a week to get that in!!! I'm in the mood now.. at least I gesso.. :) g

Sharon Kay said...

you, gesso?
Gini...you very clever girl! That was truly funny!
I'm so happy to hear that you are painting!

Free2bfree said...

Thanks for the laughs, Skay ... I even learned something new today! Ahem.

Evidently I never witnessed one of those "unforgettable moments" during the several years when we raised rabbits on our little farm when I was very young. However, your story does bring back the trauma of my fifth birthday celebration. We had a big family barbeque ... roast rabbit. I was heartbroken to later realize we'd eaten my fluffy little friend named Snowball. His beautiful white pelt hung on a nail in the pantry for many years as a constant reminder for my tender little heart. Boo-hoo!

Catch ya later, Skay! I've got a bit of catching up to do!!! ~*~ Karen