Tuesday, December 15, 2009

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU REACH FOR!

My friend, Donna, called me the other morning and said…..


"I don’t know whether to laugh or cry."

And then she busted out laughing.



She has been working for weeks on a pot she was doing some decorative painting on and had finally finished it.

And, she was pleased!

It had dried, over night, so she was going to give it a coat of clear sealer to protect her art work.

The only thing is……..

the can of sealer turned out to be a can of spray paint….

Black spray paint.



By the time she finished telling me the story, we were both laughing our heads off, but I told her…

“I know what you should do. You should cry…and cuss. And then, cuss and cry!”

That just started us off again and we both laughed till we were nearly crying.



That all got me to thinking about a similar experiences I’ve had.



I will have few pictures to go with this blog…for reasons which will become obvious.

Once upon a time, I occasionally babysat a precious little red-headed baby. As this usually took place at my home, I had acquired some baby care items that I certainly would not have ordinarily had. One was a tube of Desitin….you know, the diaper rash medicine.


I am going to have to exercise extreme delicacy while trying to tell this next part.

I might find it impossible.

Hmmmm….how can I say this?

I'd had a bad bout of intestinal flu with all the accompanying symptoms.

I had those ‘symptoms’ so much, that a certain part of my anatomy was reminding me of baby with really bad, BAD, BAD diaper rash.

I’m sorry…I really am…but my guess is you will like this story so much that you will forgive my crassness. I certainly hope so anyway.

So….in the middle of the night, in my darkened bathroom, I reached for the tube of Desitin, hoping for some relief.

God, in His infinite goodness and mercy, caused me to first turn on the light.

This is what I found in my hand.




Nuff said.

Except you have no idea of the depth and breadth of my GRATITUDE that I had turned on the light.

AMEN!


7 comments:

Donna said...

I am laughing all over again!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon Kay said...

I thought maybe you would. It's all very funny. But I don't think it would have been so funny if I had actually used that stuff! Talk about PAIN!!!! LOL

Donna said...

You would have definately been one RED HOT MAMA.

Joan said...

Man oh man oh man, what a mercy!

Gives me faith I can make helped decisions around here, cause obviously there is sstill intervening mercy and do I ever need a lot of it around here...

(you are the second person in 24 hours to share one with me...sometimes thoughts appear to true to be our own...

today I sat at the computer trying to find instructions to a never used tool I was going to wrap up for Christmas Bingo - nicely enclosed in plastic fortunately because some unnamed cat had covered the outside in cat pee (oh please don't throw Miss Daisy out because of cat pee story)

I sat here, searching unsuccessfully for online set of instructions for the tool I could freshly print out,

when little wee thought came to me ... why not just follow the instruction and try it myself

...well it was most easy

...and instructions and their packaging with the __ were tossed out by me

and tool, useful I am sure for anyone who knows what to use it for (bought it when I audited a automechanic class but we didn't get around to anything that needed it)

well that tool can go on for wanted prize to guys who work on cars who will be there.

Joan said...

Just called my neighbor/friend Nola who has been down feeling sick for several days...and read this to her...figured she would be belly laughing - and she did too.

Part way through the story the memory flicked to mind of a friend of hers whose husband was using a hot cream to massage his wife's hurting back, when the cream ran down a not planned track to a certain crack - Nola assures me you were darned awful lucky not to have continued in the bathroom so black...

thanks for the laughter, and thanks for the fun, who would have guessed messed up artwork could lead to stories of what we are glad was undone.

Joan said...

Yipes, I am here so intent on avoiding sorting out hot spots that even icy hot can't compare...Oh how I don't want to get up off this couch and go do more...

good thing my granddaughter was in a won't do any school work unless it is something I like to do snit today...had her mother calling me asking me to go right to the school and sign her up there instead of home school

- her mother never wanted to deal with it again after today... even knowing decision could lead to being in the worst school in the city ...it was that bad!

well her mother calmed down eventually but not before I realized my granddaughter is just like me...anything I love to do I do with gusto...but if I don't want to do it I find any and every reason not to...

so I WILL, but not quite yet, get up, set my timer and get back to bringing peace and order here (oh please when it is all lovely and finished - should I ever get up and it ever ends up that way, may the story be more like "saved from icy hot in tender areas" rather than finished artwork covered by black spray paint )

hmm, I am putting some extra lights on!

Sharon Kay said...

Joan,
I'm glad Nola got a kick out of the story and then remembered one of her own.