Saturday, December 26, 2009

IT'S OVER!!!!!!



It's over!  It's over!  Christmas time is over!
December 26th is finally here!
The craziness will end now and so we can begin now
To get back into 'normal' life so dear!

No Christmas ads entice us, allure us and advise us
How we must buy this toy with cost so dear
So not to disappoint them we surely must anoint them with gifts
Which put our mortgage in arrears.

To meet these expectations, cause happy celebrations
Seems heavier than Santa’s bulging sleigh
So with a happy sigh now, relieved, I say, "Goodbye," now
And get the Christmas mess all put away!

Now, if you’re still all cheery, all misty-eyed and teary
O’er all the festive fun and food and play.
Then with these words, I leave you, for I don’t wish to grieve you
I hope you had a HAPPY CHIRSTMAS DAY!

I am so very GRATEFUL!!!!!!!!!


5 comments:

Dawn said...

apparently you haven't seen all the Walmart post Christmas commercials - Get your Christmas merchandise marked down 50%!!! LOL you are quite the poet :-)

HappyCrone said...

and so mote it be!!!

Sharon Kay said...

I don't remember the last time I was in a Walmart, Dawn....so, I will remain in blissful ignorance! LOL

Sharon Kay said...

Amen, HC! :)

Dawn said...

you're lucky - all we have in this one horse town is a Walmart, a grocery store, and a couple of convenience stores. Aaaaaargh! thank heaven for the internet!