Monday, December 14, 2009

I'M GETTING SO EXCITED!




My friend Lori and I are going to make tamales this week!



Last year, another friend taught me how to do it and I’ve been dying to give it another try.



Tamale making at Christmas time for people of Hispanic decent is as traditional as turkey and dressing is for Anglo-Americans.



Me, I love them both!



Like turkey and dressing, tamales are really not all that complicated. They’re just time consuming. And better done with others, than alone.



You don’t make a ‘few’ tamales. You make huge amounts of them. Last year, Nelda and I made seven dozen of them.




We had some good Mexican music playing as we talked and laughed at cooked. She sang along with the songs, much to my envy.

Mi Espanol es no muy bueno.

 And we both danced in the living room-shaking our respective booties with distinctly Latin moves!



What? You don’t believe me?



I just wish I could show you! This 65 year old white woman can move with the best of them…for about 60 seconds!



Remember these guys? They had me and hubby up on our feet groovin’ and movin’, Baby!




Lori and I are hoping Nelda can come supervise-and sing to us-this year. But, if it doesn’t work out, we’re going it alone.



Well…not really alone…because we’ll be doing it together.


Ever since I had these at the Holy Trinity Monastery Art Festival, I've been craving MORE!!!!



I WILL be taking lots of pictures and making a full report!



Right HERE.



On SkaySpeak.

I am so very, very GRATEFUL that some wise and wonderful Mexican woman invented tamales!

5 comments:

Joan said...

sounds like a fun time to me...hope Nelda
gets to come cook and dance with you


I am looking forward to the story and pictures

Sharon Kay said...

Me, too, Joan. But what I'm looking forward to the most is eating them! LOL

Joan said...

is a good thing I had some corn bread and tuna - I would be getting myself knee deep in saliva, even so I would so enjoy being there for a tasty morsel

Donna said...

STOP showing all this food!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon Kay said...

Probably won't, Donna. Get over it! :)