Tuesday, December 8, 2009

PHOTO PHUN


Have I mentioned I love my Kodak digital camera?


Oh. I have?



Of course, I love to capture beautiful scenic views ....

.....and pretty flowers in my garden.





But one of the most fun things is to get strange, abstract, or just plain weird pictures….sometimes on purpose…more often by sheer accident.

Here’s some examples with some explanations…if there should be one.

I have absolutely no clue how this happened.  All I know, is I took it during our recent drive up Mt. Lemmon and I snapped it out the window of our moving vehicle.  There is something about it that I really like...so...I kept it. I think the unexplainable (by me anyway) blackness on either side makes it very dramatic and really pops the chartreuse of the tree.


Here's another one I got as we were driving along. 
I couldn't have planned this to turn out any better, I don't think.




 On that same trip, I tried this....I shot almost directly into the sun on  a very windy, dusty day....I assume that might be a real no-no, but I like this one, too.




The sky offers infinite possibilites for very interesting shots.


It would have been fun if there had been a few birds sitting on those wires...but you can't have everything.


But check this out!
I was simply taking a picture of a pretty cloud....and look what I found when I uploaded it!
Look close...do you see him?  Is it Abraham Lincoln...or, OMG!  Is it?  Could it be?




I know exactly what happened with this next one.
I was adjusting something on my camera and accidentally took this picture of my shadow on the flagstone walk.
Call me weird, but I find this headless shadow very interesting.




I bet this one will surprise you.  After my recent kitchen cleaning spree, I had removed the cover of my under- the -sink flourescent light.  I didn't put it back on.  The next morning, at dark-thirty,  when I walked into the kitchen, I was blown away by what I saw and grabbed my camera PRONTO!



Actually, that
is this.....

but taken in a completely different light situation. Oh, and in the first picture, I had temporarily placed a vintage cheese grater in the window.  That's the bigger 'chunk' of light on the left.  The whole thing looks pretty much like a night time cityscape, don't you think?

Another really cool 'lights' picture I posted on my carwash story.


This one I took through the drenched windshield.  I so love this!

And another one I took while stuck in the carwash was this one.
SPLISH-SPLASH!



I take lots of ordinary pictures, too.
Like this one.

There were actually, at least six gold finches in this fountain at the same time on this particular morning.  And it was really cold!  How do they stand it?

I like rocks.  And I like to take real close up  pictures of them sometimes.
Can you find any faces in this one?


Arizona rocks are so colorful!



I always keep my eyes peeled for those Arizona Chamber of Commerce skies.
Like this recent sunrise.


and this recent sunset.


I love this shot of the moon.  I have learned that getting a decent picture of the moon ain't so easy with my little point 'n' shoot....but I just keep trying anyway!



On one of my De Grazia Gallery visits, I snapped this picture of shadows on the wall


made by this


Next time you're taking pictures, take some chances.  Get closer than you usually do.  Forget about where the sun should be.  Look up.  Look down. Look all around. Look for the unexpected.  And enjoy those surprises!

I remain extrememly GRATEFUL for my digital camera.

8 comments:

Joan said...

wish there was place for comments near each you captured and shared here - especially love the abstracts

the shadow pattern within the shadow of you makes for interesting thought wanderings....the pattern of the walk makes a pattern within and without you...

it is like a bolt of energy arising out of the earth,up through your leg, offset by a band of energy that deflects it at your middle...

it travels outside of you and continues expanding...

sort of like the blog material that arrives here....

Sharon Kay said...

Joan, my favorites are the abstracts, too. The rest of what you wrote...well, that is why I sure hope my readers also read the wonderful comments left here. I have such talented friends! Lucky me. :)

Donna said...

Has to be a galary for oddities such as these. Not Abraham Lincoln, Cloud god, Zuss (sp) was it? Blowing power from his nostrils. How is that for imagination?

Sharon Kay said...

Donna...I was trying to think of Zeus the day I wrote that and just couldn't make my mind work right. Next time, I'll call you, my imaginative friend!

Joan said...

pictures you can imagine here -

little chimenea glowing with candle light

tea pot with brewed tea being transferred to my "be grateful cup"

- this little tea pot was purchased at a yard sale last summer while on a mission for my daughter's shop (Nectar Floral)

teapot has waited, part of unused clutter being shifted from spot to spot

till yesterday when I actually reached for it to brew tea

it had been waiting, for me to discover what a real treasure it is to me

- perfect ergonamic design, perfect tea basket inside that brews tea well and wonderfully - pours without spilling, just the right size

-not only appealing in its looks

- it is, it is perfect for its task

this teapot and your cup are right beside me

as I wonder...

when I am shifted/sifted - will I also be picked up and found to be a delightful treasure perfect for the task now at hand

- I do so hope so.

Sharon Kay said...

I'm sure you will be, Joan.

Anonymous said...

I actually now know how to surf these delightful blogs.. and I saw the MOON smiling!!
and I did see Abraham Lincoln in the clouds.
and shadows thrill me..
and rocks and moss.. and my passion is birds.
so this was a very fulfilling stroll..
thank you so much..
now tell me? what does 'select profile' mean?
I seem to be anonymous .. oh well.. at least I can read now.. yea!!

Sharon Kay said...

Hello, Anonymous! I welcome you here and hopefully I can help you become 'un-anonymous.'
I found that whole comment thing to be very confusing myself.
Click on the drop-down box next to where it says 'select profile.' Then, click on the the one that says name/url. Just put whatever name you want to use in the space provided..and ignore the space for url. That should work for you. If not, please let me know here in the comments and I'll figure out a way to get it all straightened out. I WISH Blogspot would change that! LOL
And for heavens sake, keep reading! I love to know that people are actually reading this! :)