Wednesday, December 23, 2009

RAISING MISS DAISY



Our little ragmuffin is growing!  I swear she's literally doubled in size since we found her...a scant 16 days ago .  (I'm writing this on December 20th and she came to us on December 4th).

This is one of the first pictures I took of her.  Today, we tried to get her to sit there again so we'd have a size comparison.  Ha!  Stupid humans!




This is the best we could do, but still, just look at the difference!


Apparently, she's thriving.  Codi is coping.



Usually by spending as much time as possible out on the patio.


Poor thing.

Already, we've had to 'kitten-proof' our house.  Or at least, make an attempt.  A kitten is endowed with super powers.  They can scale tall furniture



 and become so tiny they can hide in impossible places ....like under my recliner.....




And, somehow, little as they are, they can manage to  pretty much just take over their whole little world!


Her coat is becoming more becoming....

and less like bad hair day personified...or would that be feline-ified?

She eats like a little pig.  We had to create a safe place for her food and water to keep Her Highness from eating it all.  Hubby even gave it an address.




Her Highness is getting more tolerant.


They even play together once in a while.  However, I think Codi does it with more resignation than pleasure.  Do you see Daisy hiding behind the little Indian boy?


After finding my sweet little Indian boy toppled over one morning, he has been relegated to a safe spot in a box in the bedroom, for who knows how long?

I miss him.

Daisy has taken to following in Codi's footsteps,


..... so I suspect soon, she's going to be trying to sneak out the door whenever Codi goes out.

Codi is an indoor/outdoor cat. Daisy will be, too, eventually. But for now, we're going to have to watch her like a hawk so she doesn't accidentally get out and become lunch for our occasional pair of Harris hawks.

Mostly, Daisy sleeps.

She had just been torturing this tag, having a ball, when it was suddenly all over.  Nap time!  I wish I could always fall asleep that fast! 
Yes, those are my flannel pj clad legs.

And sleeps some more........


But she's getting lots more playful.

She loves this....





It's two extra long shoelaces tied together with a long series of knots at the end and the whole thing tied to a wooden back scratcher which is our 'handle.'  We sling it, and slither it, and tease and torment her with it and she has so much fun!

She also has this......


and this


But as they are both hand-me-downs from Codi's baby days, it's possible that she is simply prouder of her very own, made especially for her back-scratcher/shoestring/knots play-toy!

Today, she discovered her shadow.
 
What Is that thing following me?

Did I mention, she sleeps?




Yep.  That's pretty much it.  She eats.  She plays.  She sleeps.  Then does it all over again.

I guess I have to admit it.

I kinda like her.

And........

I'm
Grateful
for
Miss
Daisy!








7 comments:

Donna said...

What a precious story about how they find the right parents to take them in. She is becoming a gorgeous feline/fem-fital........I know I spelled that wrong but you get my drift. Merry Christmas Daisy and take good care of Sharon by reminding her to play more and give her lots of giggles.

Sharon Kay said...

She still needs a hair make-over but she IS pretty cute. And yes, she is making me play more. I promise. ;)

Barbara Kleinhans said...

darn she is adorable. Love the pictures of her and codi together...even if it's just to humor mom for a bit!

Sharon Kay said...

Barbara, Yes, she's adorable! And she's getting more and more playful every day. I don't think there is anything cuter than a kitten in full tilt play mode, do you? Except maybe multiple kittens in full tilt play mode. LOL

Anonymous said...

I love cats ~ makes me appreciate the fuzzy kids here at my house. ;)

~~Melissa

Free2bfree said...

Love the update on Miss Daisy! So cute how she looks like a Mini-Codi. It's amazing how much she's grown since she adopted you! And, it's promising that Her Highness will actually attempt to make nice and play with the little furball. Before long they'll be snuggled up like two little snugbugs in a rug. ... or, in this case, in your well-loved quilt!!! Thanks for the smiles today. Would ya give your furgirls a little hug from me? And, here's a (((cyber-hug))) for you, too, Sharon! ~*~ Karen

Sharon Kay said...

Hugs back, Karen...and to you, too, Melissa.
I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Eve and that tomorrow is even better. I bet you have tons of snow up that way!