Thursday, January 28, 2010

BE GRATEFUL

Good morning. 
Good afternoon. 
Good evening.

Whichever fits.

I have a question for you, dear readers.

Are you still 'seeing' those words in blue over on the right of this page?

I sure hope so.

If not, let me help you out.


I believe…..…
……that becoming consciously grateful will absolutely change your life.


I challenge you to start each day by writing at least five things for which you are truly grateful and then as you go through your day, see how many more things you can find that you feel grateful for.


I believe….....
……that the more things you find to be grateful for, the more things you WILL find to be grateful for.

1.  Today I am grateful for Blogspot.  I find it amazing and wonderful that they...and other similar services...provide a place for people such as me to write my drivel and my most profound thoughts and share them with people like you.  To say nothing of having a reason to take and share all these photographs of people, places and things that I love.  And furthermore, they do it for free!

2.  I am, oh so grateful, for each of you who visits SKaySpeak...whether on purpose or by accident.  I hope you continue to come back.  I'm grateful for your computer which makes our connection possible.  And, I am grateful for every comment which is posted.  I mean that in all sincerity.

3.  I am grateful for my computer, too, of course and my Kodak camera and all the necessary gadgetry which makes it possible for me to create this blog.

4.  I am grateful for a sufficiency....no, a veritable abundance of food.  I am saying that partly because of the particularly yummy Mexican food supper we had last night.  I just might have to blog about it...complete with pictures and recipes, just like my blogging hero, The Pioneer Woman!

5.  I remain grateful for my comfy bed and my lovely comforter.  Somehow, that comforter just makes me feel...well, comforted.  It's an old pattern called 'Sedona'.  Is that fitting for me, or what?

Well....already, I have 5. 

But there is so much more that I am grateful for that I'm not sure I can stop just yet.

I don't want to speak too soon, but I do believe it's possible, just maybe, oh I hope...that Miss Daisy's litterbox issue has been resolved.  That, I can assure you, is something I am grateful for!

I am grateful that my friend's humongous painting is very close to finished.  And moreover, I haven't become frustrated and disappointed over it.  As a matter of fact, I am still quite pleased with it.  That is not always the case with a painting I'm working on, so that's really a biggie for me!

I am grateful for the possibility of more rain today which provides for a further possibility of an abundance of wildflowers in the coming months.

And while I'm at it, I am grateful, daily, to love where I live and live where I love!

I hope you've found some things to feel grateful for today.  For when you do, you truly will~

Be Blessed.
Love you all.
Skay













3 comments:

Dawn said...

thanks for reminding me, Sharon. sometimes i'm so intent on seeing what you've written for the day that i forget the "words in blue" :-) let's see...

i am grateful for all of my friends, both on and offline.

i am grateful for a steady income that is enough for both needs and many wants.

i am grateful for my Grandma, who showed me that creativity nourishes your soul. and for the dolls she made representing me and my sister that i am looking at as i type.

i am grateful that i was given the opportunity to learn to read. i just finished the book Three Cups of Tea, which illustrated to me just how fortunate i am in that respect.

i am grateful that my MIL is cooking soup today, which means i don't have to cook (unless i just want to).

Sharon Kay said...

Dawn, I am grateful that you mentioned Three Cups of Tea. I've been wanting to read it for ages but keep forgetting to get it from the library. Maybe now, I'll remember.

I forget 'the words in blue' myself sometimes. That's why I wrote today's blog. ;)

Free2bfree said...

Thanks for the reminder about being grateful, Sharon. Having a grateful heart truly is the key to our happiness, regardless of what is going on in our physical world or the state of our personal circumstances. Gratitude IS the best attitude!

(((((Hugs))))) ~*~ Karen