Saturday, January 23, 2010

IT DOESN'T TAKE LONG

Remember, just the other day when I got my studio all cleaned up, straightened up and organized?


One project is all it took to produce this!


Can you believe the mess?

I am going to blame it all on my good friend, Lori. Yes. It is all her fault. Yep, that one….. the one who often comments here. Feel free to chastise her in your comments.

She needed some prints and paintings for some walls in her new home and so we dug through my stash and found her some. Then, we went to a really nice thrift store, here in Tucson, and found enough frames for everything at really low prices! Cool!

But this is what happened to my nice, neat studio in the process of getting all the prints and paintings into the frames.

Sigh. I got it cleaned up again, but guess what?

Now, she wants a huge painting done for their bedroom. It’s happening……but you cannot believe my studio. There is no room to move. There’s nothing but easel and canvas. It’s a monster!

It's so big that I can't even take a picture of it without all the lights in the room being reflected in it.

Hello, you big, beautiful, 3 foot by 4 foot  baby! 



So now, the studio looks like this.


All I can say is that mountains and forests and rivers sure do take up a lot of room!

Seriously, I am having a ball with this big canvas!  And I can hardly wait to get another one and make another mess!

I’m grateful for the opportunity to create mountains, forests and rivers...and another fun mess!


6 comments:

Sharon Kay said...

I heard that something is wrong with posting comments this morning. This is a test.

skay said...

I'm trying another way to see if this works.

Debbie Brown said...

Messy studios create amazing energies from the looks of that canvas in the last picture, Sharon!!! I just know that Lori will help you clean it up. ~giggle~ Or inspire you for more BIG pieces of your heart on the tip of your paint brushes!
~a Loving mess~
Debbie

Sharon Kay said...

Debbie...Happy to see you could leave a comment. Some are unable to. Maybe 'they' got the problem fixed.

I'm sure Lori will be pleased that you volunteered her help! She is one of those who have not been able to comment. Maybe I should be grateful that she can't. LOL

Susan Garvin said...

But I can .... As Lori's eldest sister, I can speak for her. She LOVES organizing, tidying and staightening out. She is sooo happy that you are making another mess for her!

Sharon Kay said...

Susan, I think my studio scares Lori! LOL
BTW, I think I saw one of your buddies visited my blog yesterday. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it! :)