Friday, January 15, 2010

THE COLOR ORANGE.


Yesterday, I received my long-awaited, much needed new tubes of acrylic paints!  I was completely out of some of them...and almost out of others.


So, in celebration of color...glorious color......we're going to go orange today!


Cholla Blossoms. 
There are 28 varieties of this type of cactus.
Aren't you happy to know that?




My neigbor's chinaberry tree in the fall. When the sun hits it just right, it simply blazes!




If you're talking orange...you have to have marigolds, don't you? 

And maybe one magenta and white striped petunia.




And how about an orange house?  This one is in Barrio Viejo, here in Tucson.





I found this metal "LOVE" wall decoration at a flea market.  It's about 28" long.  Ordinarily, it hangs outside on my patio, but I kinda like it hanging on my studio wall for a change.



Some wildflowers on the Navajo reservation.




One of my paintings with an orange sky.




A recent sunrise in Tucson.




An old orange basket that I use for storage.



My Aunt's depression glass creamer.




This might have too many other colors to really qualify as "orange", but I'm throwing it in here anyway.  This is the only time, in probably my whole life, that I have ever used fake flowers.  But they sure seem to fit the pot.  It usually lives on my patio table.


And then, there's this!




Yes...there is actually a wedding veil attached to this very orange, very sparkly baseball hat!

I hope you enjoyed all this orange!  It's such a happy color, isn't it?




I might just do this same thing with other colors someday.

 

If I had some clothes on, I'd run down the block and take pictures of oranges on the neighbor's tree.  Yes...oranges in January.  That's Tucson for ya!




One of our beautiful sunsets with my saguaro rib cross in the foreground.

That seems to be a perfect way to end this blog, don't you think?

I am so GRATEFUL for my new tubes of paint!

Excuse me, while I go play with them!

9 comments:

Joye Lisk said...

Enjoyed the orange trip......and I think the wild flowers could be globe mallow? You are full of orange joy today....color does that for me too....must be the artist in us! Hugs! Joye

Sharon Kay said...

Thanks, Joye, for identifying the flowers. I think you are right about what they are. Orange is such a happy color! Hugs right back to a really awesome artist!
Come back here and post your link in the comments, if you don't mind...so that others can see your incredibly unique and beautiful paintings. Pretty please, with orange on it?

Lori said...

Yippee! You started your colour ride with my favourite colour! A Positive, Pumped colour!

Sharon Kay said...

Lori, don't even start with that 'P' stuff!
BTW, your Canadian 'colours' are showing. ;)

Lori said...

May I remind you ..... it was you who started with the P words ... on the way back from Casa Grande where you were Positively Peeved at being bored .... and YES CANADA .... knowing full well nobody is going to read this as they're looking forward to tomorrow's blog...

Shelly said...

Orange always has been my least favorite color. However, I enjoyed your orange blog! I remember your mom's house in Muleshoe. Her bathroom was painted a peachy orange, and I remember thinking how odd. But I was little, so what did I know. Now I think of that bathroom and realize she had good taste!

Sharon Kay said...

Shelly, I didn't even remember that bathroom till you described it. My mom did have good taste that was not dictated by what was currently in style. :)

Free2bfree said...

My favorite room in my house is painted a peachy orange! Too orange to be just peachy, and too peachy to be totally orange. Goes well with the rusty orange carpet. Well, maybe the carpet color is a bit much. LOL But, nevertheless, my just peachy room always makes me feel warm and cozy, especially when it's wintertime. I'm counting down the time when that room will become my personal sanctuary. Not sure when that'll be since it has been my daughter's bedroom for the past 22+ years. And, yes, she's well aware that I covet that room. It also happens to be the quietest room in the house, the coolest in the summer, the coziest in the winter. And, you have a perfect view of my mini-forest just outside the window. Nevermind that the window needs replaced with a new-fangled more weather-proof window and the sill needs caulked. Nevermind that the room desperately needs a fresh coat of paint, it's still my favorite room in the house! When the time comes to turn it into my own personal sanctuary, I'm glad the paint store will be able to match the old paint. Yee-haw!!!

And, have you heard what it means when orange is one of your favorite colors? Nevermind!

Enjoy the new paints, Sharon ... I know I will when I get to see what you've painted!!!

Love ya! ~*~ Karen

Sharon Kay said...

Karen, your favorite room sounds wonderful to me! I hope it does become your sanctuary one day.
I wish ya'll could have seen the kitchen in Lori's last house. One wall was painted halloween pumpkin orange! It was glorious!!!