Friday, January 29, 2010

I've got the BLUES...COLOR THAT IS.

Blue Moon.

Blue Kentucky Rain.

Blue Christmas.

Blue Velvet.

My all time favorite 'blue' song.......

Blue Bayou!  I could listen to that song, Linda Ronstadt's version, please, over and over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH-SsnsldxY

I should mention that Linda is from Tucson. But after one of those big box stores built their huge store almost in her back yard, she moved to California.  I can't say that I blame her.

I had such fun doing the recent 'orange' post, that I think I'll just go around the color wheel and do them all!
The complimentary color to orange is blue.  So...here we go with the 'blues.'

I love this robe.  But, color me crazy, but I don't like the fact that it simply does NOT go with my bedroom decor.  But it's so warm....so comfy....so sun, moon and stars!




This is a perfect blue flame...perfect for cooking!
I know...I need to clean the stove...so what!



I love this vintage candy dish that belonged to my Aunt Velma.  It was very hard to photograph because it's that carnival glass and the light had to be 'just right.'  So, I took it outside on a grey, rainy day and it worked!



This vintage Navajo doll has a blue velveteen dress.  I have a vintage blue velveteen Navajo skirt.  Maybe I should have taken a picture of that, too.  But, I didn't.




Are you listening to Linda?  I am...for the third time so far.
Are you singing with her?  I am.

 Be glad you can't hear me.

Once upon a time I could sing as well as Linda.  But then I quit singing...don't ask....and my voice 'went away.'  That gives me the blues, for sure.  Use it or lose it, my friends!


Which is why I promised myself that I will never, EVER stop  painting.  No way, Jose!  I don't want this gift to go away.

Which is why I just keep painting...even if it's just a purely-for-fun one, like this one I did last Halloween.  It is called:

"Once in a Luna Azure"



There are so few flowers that are truly blue.  But this one is...and I adore it.  It's a plumbago and it is blooming right now...today...as I write this on Thursday, January 28, 2010.



I have a thing for Mexican and Italian hand-painted pottery.  This one is Italian.  It serves absolutely no purpose other than to please me whenever I look at it.  That is sufficient reason to keep it, don't you think?



Remember Barrio Viejo?  I've blogged about it and used a house from there in my Orange blog.
Here's another prettily painted house from the barrio.




I took a picture of 'my' mountains the other day from someplace besides my back yard so you could see what they look like without all the utility poles, etc. 


They don't look so blue today because they are covered with clouds and my guess is that when the sun comes out, it will be shining on snow-covered peaks again.

I love all my different colored glass bottles in my kitchen window.



And I love my collection of old spatterware.



Last, but not least, I do love our brilliantly blue Arizona skies!



I am grateful for the rain today.
And I will be grateful when the sunny skies return.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Blue and Orange ... complementary colors .... hmmmm .... Never thought about my relationship in those terms! LOL ... thanks for the morning eye-opener.

Sharon Kay said...

I thought I'd told you that before, Lori. Yep...that's what it is. He loves blue. You love orange. That must mean you are a good match. ;)

Free2bfree said...

I loved your "blue mood" ... the photos are great! I enjoyed the YouTube clip of Linda Ronstadt singing "Blue Bayou" ... there's no one else with a voice like Linda's!

Which color is next? :)

Sharon Kay said...

I agree, Karen. I love her voice.
Not sure about which color. I'll have to wait and see which one 'jumps off the shelf' at me. ;)