Tuesday, March 2, 2010

FULL MOON ON SATURDAY

It was Saturday, February 27, 2010


After supper, I stepped outside and saw something which astonished and astounded me and nearly knocked me to my knees from the sheer beauty of it!

The moon was full and she was wearing a red and gold embroidered shawl. 

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Of course, I grabbed my camera and once more longed for one which would take better quality pictures. I knew, from previous experiences during manic mood madness that there was no way I could capture what my eyes were seeing with my point and shoot camera. As much as I love and appreciate it, my camera definitely has its limitations.

Nevertheless, I pointed and shot!

And look what I got!!!! Granted, these pictures are not true representatives of what I was seeing with my human eyes. But I bet you can get an idea from them that it was one magnificent sight to see!






Besides, the pictures are just flat cool, aren't they?

I played around with some editing on this one.  That's a palm tree on the left.  Actually the red and gold clouds actually did look very much like this.


I didn't play around any with this one.



Remember what I've said....take a chance...take a picture even if you're pretty sure it won't turn out...what've you got to lose? You might wind up with something really interesting and fun!



****************

Yes, I've been painting but I must admit I've sort of fallen off the wagon as far as the timed painting exercise in concerned.  The last two I've attempted have turned into regular paintings. One, was of the lady selling flowers at Barrio Del Mundo in San Diego.  Another was from a photo of my first born when  he was about 4 or 5 playing in a stream in Northern New Mexico.  I am calling this one.....


"INTREPID EXPLORER"
9 x 12 acrylic on canvas


And finally, my new artist friend and I didn't get to meet on Sunday.  It was pouring down a torrential cold rain and besides, she had come down with a sore throat and considerately chose not to share it with me. 

I am grateful for her good sense!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

i just love the moon in all her costumes! especially when she's shrouded in a mysterious haze...i wish i could paint, people especially. i lost nearly all of the photos i had of my older two kids when they were little - i can still see some of them in my head though and for that i am grateful. your intrepid explorer makes me smile. Hugs~

Donna said...

Oh Sharon, thanks for sharing your moon shots.....how absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Sharon Kay said...

Dawn, he makes me smile, too. I admit, I have a bit of a love affair with Lady Luna. ;)

Sharon Kay said...

Donna, I wish I could have taken pictures which really showed how gorgeous it was. But I'm grateful I got these. ;)

gini said...

Sweet Skay, I bet we all know exactly what the moon looked like that night.. I've seen it too and I REMEMBER.. I am grateful just for remembering.. he he
Your painting.. well you know.. Amazing. I can hear the water babbling.. like me sometimes ..
La Luna.. painting? possibly?
I was here too early this morning.. I just plain get up too early.. :)
I'm glad I mozied back this afternoon..
It is sunny here..I have my back door open.. of course the sun is warm, the air is nippy..
but the kitchen is getting a little taste of FRESH air.. LONG Winter...
Just made a huge pot of Roasted Potato Sausage soup.. come on over.. crusty bread too..
love you
gini
x

Sharon Kay said...

Gini...It's still morning here. You DO get up early as I have these posted at 4:45 a.m. each day...Arizona time. I guess if I want you East coasters to have SKaySpeak with your coffee, I need to get them done much earlier. I might just do that.

Your soup and bread sounds absolutely delicious!