Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'VE BEEN IN A FOG.

I do that now and then.


I'm not sure why.

It's like a switch is thrown and off I go.

My joints hurt. My muscles hurt. My head hurts. My brain shuts down.



It used to happen more often.

But since I've learned the power of gratitude, it doesn't happen nearly so often anymore and it doesn't last as long.



Gratitude is good medicine.



It is the daily practice of gratitude that makes the difference, I think. Even when I'm in that fog, there are certain gratitudes that I feel automatically.



I'm here to tell you, I'm Grateful for Gratitude! Yes I am!



Today:

I am grateful to feel good.

I am grateful for the sunshine.

I am grateful for my friends.

I am grateful for this good cup of coffee in my Be Grateful mug.

I am grateful for a day which holds infinite possibilities!



That's my first 5 for the day.

What are yours?

6 comments:

gini said...

Dear Skay,
I needed this .. Gratitude..
I have been in grief about the loss of my kitty Pooky. And grateful didn't enter my mind.. which seemed to shut down.
slowly it's opening again..
I AM grateful though. It was within even though the 'monkey mind' was going NUTS.
I am grateful for the time with my Pooky
I am grateful for you as a friend.
I am grateful for the sun.
I am grateful for all my senses..
I am grateful for Love.
it heals all, eventually.
I hurt all over too.. WASSUP with that? Think it's global or something?
Cheers.. coffe mug to coffee mug.. (smile)
tonight we'll do the clinky thingy.. He he he

Sharon Kay said...

Gini, I felt like you were grieving. It is certainly understandable.
Maybe the achy all over is a seasonal change thing. Yesterday afternoon the wind started blowing like crazy and I started hurting again. Blast! LOL

I'm gonna hang on to my gratitude!!!

Joan said...

I am grateful for mercies...things that mitigate hard things

I am grateful for friends and family that bring encouragement and comfort

I am grateful for people to talk to and ways to vent so I can figure out what I am thinking and what I think about it, so I can finally arrive at what I really choose to think and do

I am grateful that Tristan's grandfather sent him a birthday card before his grandfather was killed in the automobile accident

I am grateful that my daughters were given three special times with their father before he died.

I am grateful that my daughters got a moment to privately say goodbye to their dad.

I am grateful that not everything we think is true turns out to be

I am grateful that I realize I may very well be wrong, since it allows me to change my stance and apologize and say I am sorry and to correct what I have done wrong.

Joan said...

I am grateful that things that totally obsess us eventually get worked through and replaced by something new.

I am grateful, that some of those times, those new things are delightful and not something worse.

I am grateful that I am always watched over and cared for and sustained through all the things of my life.

Joan said...

I am so sorry for the loss of Pookie. The loss of a pet leaves such a painful hole in hearts.

I am so hoping for your pain and ache to heal.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sharon! Hope you are better. I've been on a journey or something. Glad to be back. Have you ever thought of writing a novel? I think you have what it takes. Love you, Zoe