Monday, March 22, 2010

UFO SIGHTED OVER MY HOUSE

I almost titled this post ALMOST BUT NOT QUITE.

Like, I almost, but not quite, got my NEVER ON SUNDAY posted on time.  I sort of  forgot to set a time for it, so it just sat there in my 'drafts' section.  Whoops.

Back to the UFO, though...........

I got a pretty good picture of it.



It is an object.
It is flying.
And I have no idea what it is, so.......

That makes it, unequivocally, an unidentified flying object, doesn't it?

Our local Air Force Base, Davis-Monthan, had it's annual air show this weekend.

I saw lots of UFO's because I don't know the names of any of those airplanes.

I know they are loud.

I know that it sometimes scares the daylights outta me watching how closely together they fly in formation!

I tried and tried to get some pictures...especially for one of my sons who has a special interest in flying machines and could identify all of them for me if he were here.

As I have told you I only have an expensive point and shoot camera. 

I almost, but not quite, got some.








Everywhere you looked, people were standing around staring into the sky trying to locate those planes!  But by the time you found them, whoosh, they were gone off into the wild blue yonder!

I mean everybody was searching the skies...even the Thrashers.



I am so very grateful all of those planes made it through the show safely....and that none of them landed on my roof!

8 comments:

gini said...

Good Monday Morning Skay!!
I can't believe you watched an air show from your house. How neat!
How was the art sales? Did you see your favorite silver haired ladies?
Happy Spring!!!
love
gini

Dawn said...

that is so cool! sort of reminds me of when i lived in Albuquerque and we would see the balloons from the International Balloon Festival fly over our house. except they were easier to photograph lol. have a marvelous Monday! Hugs, Dawn

Sharon Kay said...

Mornin' Gini,
The AFB is less than a mile from my house, so we actually have 'air shows' on a regular basis. Just not so dramatic! LOL
My sweet turtle ladies weren't there...and neither was much of anybody else, so sales were not great, but I had a good time, anyway. :)

Sharon Kay said...

Dawn...I guess they would be lots easier! LOL And, they'd 'hang around' longer! ;)

Donna said...

This is cool and reminds me of the times I got to watch the Thunderbirds.......was always so fasinating and amazing!!!!

Lori said...

I was at the agility show at Reid Park. The morning we had a few of the stealth planes fly overhead, while the majority stayed down over the base. People were commenting on it, and I just said wait until this afternoon. The Thunderbirds will make their appearance while the novice dogs are running. Boy did they ever! Pity the poor people who won the 'lottery' and were running their pooch while they went over head. The funniest ... every time they did (about 8 times) ever car alarm in the parking lot went off!

Lots here this weekend... 4th Ave street fair, air show and of course those who didn't venture outside as they wanted to watch basketball ALL WEEKEND long.

Sharon Kay said...

It is amazing to watch, isn't it Donna. I just love it..even as it terrifies me! LOL

Sharon Kay said...

I forgot about basketball! March Madness? Lucky, lucky me that I get no reminders on my tv! LOL
Poor people trying to work with their dogs during all that hoopla!