Tuesday, March 30, 2010

THE WEATHER

I got to thinking about Spring in Tucson.

I remembered this one.

I took this picture from my living room window.


Yep.  That is definitely snow!

On Easter Sunday, 1999.

]

See the blooms on the Tombstone Roses? 
Or are those snowflakes?

It's 82 degrees right now, as I am writing this.  But apparently, we've got another cool snap coming on Thursday.  The high is supposed to be about 66 with a low of 43.

It's supposed to be 87 tomorrow.

YIKES!

I found these old pictures, too.  These were taken in June, 1983, in the Chiracahua Mountains, southeast of Tucson.




Stuck in the snow in Arizona in June!!!

Pretty soon, the TV weather forecasters will start taking bets, so to speak, on when we'll hit 100 for the first time this year.

When that happens, I think I'll just sit and look at these pictures.

In the studio.

With the ac unit on 'high.'

And paint pictures of snow.

Ya' do what ya' gotta do.

I'm grateful for April.

It helps us get ready for:

May, June, July, August, September and October.

Six months of summer.

I'll take that over six months of winter.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

i've never done a Tucson summer, but i know that Phoenix summers are a bitch! that may well be why i prefer the "high desert" of New Mexico. isn't psychology funny? i kept a picture of the beach in Key West on my screen saver all last winter to keep me warm.

i am grateful that i can start my day off with coffee and your blog...it always gets me to thinking. are you feeling better now? Hugs, Dawn

Sharon Kay said...

So are Tucson summer, Dawn.

Funny you should mention liking starting your day with coffee and my blog.

I am thinking about taking a little hiatus because I feel like I'm doing a really poor job lately...because.......nope....not feeling better. I'm not in the 'fog' anymore, but feel like crap physically.

You have warmed my heart saying what you did.

Dawn said...

i am sorry you still feel crappy. if you need to take a break, please do. i'll miss your blogs, but you are far more important to me, my friend. Hugs, Dawn